It is customary to call lecho a dish of Bulgarian cuisine. But this is a mistake, in fact, the traditional recipe was invented in Hungary, and the initial composition of the salad is very different from the way we used to see it. To date, created a lot of recipes for this tasty snack, the composition of the salad can include absolutely exotic ingredients, as, for example, grape juice. Russians traditionally cook lecho from pepper and tomato, sometimes supplementing the recipe with other ingredients.
This article will tell you how to make lecho for the winter, and also discusses the best recipes with photos and step-by-step cooking techniques.
The recipe for a classic lecho of tomatoes, peppers and onions for the winter
This recipe is closest to the traditional Hungarian salad. Cooking such a snack is easy, the products will also need the most affordable and simple.
For the preparation of lecho for the winter the following ingredients are needed:
- 2 kg of bell pepper;
- onions in the amount of one kilogram;
- 2 kg of fresh tomatoes;
- half a cup of sunflower oil;
- half a spoonful of salt;
- 4 spoons of sugar;
- teaspoon of black peppercorns;
- 4-5 allspice peppers;
- 2 bay leaves;
- half a vinegar vinegar (we prepare lecho salad for the winter with the addition of 9 percent vinegar).
So, preparing a tomato salad for the winter is very simple:
- The first thing to do is to wash all the vegetables, trim the stalks, peel the onions and peppers.
- Now tomatoes are cut into convenient pieces and minced with the help of a meat grinder - you should get tomato juice with pits.
- Onions are crushed with a knife, cutting into half rings.
- Peppers should be cut into small-sized strips (the width of each strip is about 0.5 cm).
- All the crushed ingredients are combined in a large bowl or saucepan, mixed and added all the spices, except vinegar.
- On a low heat cooked salad for at least an hour. Do not forget that the salad should be constantly stirring.
- At the end of cooking, vinegar is poured into lecho and the hot mixture is poured over the jars. It remains to roll the cans with lids or use screw caps.
Important! Sweet pepper for cooking this dish can be of any color (green, red, white or yellow).
Recipe for pepper for the winter with beans
This salad can be called experimental, since its recipe has not yet been tested by the general public. For those who love the traditional pepper and tomato treats, the combination of ingredients may seem unacceptable. So, the experimenters who prefer interesting snacks for the winter like traditional rolls will like the recipe with beans more.
The list of products is as follows:
- 2 kg of tomato;
- 1 kg of carrots;
- 4 large bell peppers;
- 2 pods of hot peppers;
- 1 kg of green beans (asparagus) beans;
- a glass of vegetable oil (it is better to take refined, it does not affect the taste and aroma of the dish);
- 2 heads of garlic;
- a glass of sugar;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar (essence 70%).
How to make a bean snack:
- Cooking this unusual salad begins with boiling green beans. Boil the beans should be in lightly salted water. The pods should boil for at least five minutes. Cooking time depends on the size of the pods and the presence of coarse fibers in them.
- Carrots cleaned and rubbed on a coarse grater.
- It is better to remove the peel from the tomatoes, after making cuts on it and dipping the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Sliced tomatoes are laid in a deep frying pan or stew pan with hot sunflower oil.
- In the same bowl pour the grated carrot, add sugar and salt. Stew these ingredients for lecho for about 25 minutes, stirring constantly with a spatula.
- Bulgarian and hot peppers are cut into small strips, pre-clearing them of seeds.
- Pepper is poured into a saucepan with vegetables, and garlic is sliced into plates.
- Cooked and cooled beans should be cleaned from too hard fibers. First, cut off the tips on each side of the pod, then remove the tough thread that runs along the entire bean. You can cut the pods into three parts, and you can leave them whole - this is an amateur.
- Asparagus beans spread in a saucepan with boiling salad and stew it for another 10 minutes.
- Pour vinegar into the lecho, mix the salad well and place it in sterile jars.
Tip! So that the banks with the pre-batch do not “explode” and the salad itself is not soured, it is necessary to sterilize the banks before use. This can be done in several ways: put a boiling kettle on the spout, use a microwave or special appliances for household sterilization.
Lecho for this recipe turns out very satisfying, and it can be used as a separate dish or side dish for meat, fish, poultry.
Delicious Eggplant Appetizer
The recipe for lecho, made not only from tomatoes, onions and peppers, also earned considerable popularity. Eggplants add heartiness to a traditional salad and give an unusual taste.
To prepare such lecho for the winter you need of these products:
- 0.6 kg tomato;
- 6 bell peppers;
- 1.2 kg of eggplants;
- 4 large onions;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- a stack of sunflower oil;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- 2 spoons of sugar;
- a spoon of vinegar (6 percent vinegar is meant here);
- teaspoon sweet ground paprika.
Cooking lecho for the winter consists of only a few steps:
- First you need to wash the eggplants and cut them into large pieces (each eggplant for lecho is cut across into two parts, then each of the halves is divided into another 4-6 parts, depending on the size of the vegetable).
- Now the blue ones are salted and left for some time to remove bitterness from them.
- Onions and garlic peel. Onions cut into half rings, and garlic - thin plates. Both products are sent to the pan with hot oil. Fry onions to translucency.
- Tomato peel is removed to make the lecho more tender for the winter. To do this, make a cross-cut on each tomato and dab it with boiling water.
- Whole tomatoes spread in a skillet with onions and garlic.
- Knead tomatoes with mashed potatoes to make mashed potatoes, mix and stew.
- Sweet pepper is cut into small-sized straws, sent to all other ingredients.
- Now you can put eggplant there too. If the blue ones let the juice run, it must be pressed to remove the characteristic bitterness.
- All ingredients are mixed, pepper and salted, and sugar and paprika are poured into it.
- Stew lecho need to simmer for at least an hour.
- When the dish is ready, vinegar is poured into it, mixed and the salad spread out in sterile jars.
The beauty of the unusual lecho is proved by the attached photos.
Attention! Although onion, tomato and paprika are considered traditional ingredients for lecho, this winter salad will not be so tasty without garlic.
Lecho with garlic is much more fragrant, the spice enhances the taste and smell of each product in this salad.
Lecho with grape juice
Another recipe for a tasty tomato leko, which is notable for its special piquancy. Grape juice is used as one of the main ingredients for this salad.
Some housewives use grape juice containing acid for canning tomatoes or cucumbers - grapes (or rather, its juice) is considered an excellent preservative. Why not try cooking lecho for the winter with the addition of fruit juice.
So, for the "experiment" will need:
- grapes - 1 kg;
- tomatoes - 2 kg;
- 2 pieces of bell pepper;
- 3 heads of garlic (in this recipe the amount of garlic is quite large);
- small pod of hot pepper;
- salt spoon;
- a stack of sugar;
- a stack of sunflower oil;
- a spoonful of vinegar (in this lecho use the essence of 70%);
- 4 black peppercorns on each jar of lecho.
Cooking lecho from pepper and tomato with the addition of juice differs from standard technology:
- In the oven you need to turn on the grill and bake the whole Bulgarian pepper in it. Bake peppers for about ten minutes. Temperature - 180-200 degrees.
- While the pepper is hot, it is placed in a tight plastic bag and well sealed. In this position, the pepper should cool, then it is easy to peel off.
- Now the pepper can be cut into small squares (approximately 2x2 cm).
- Tomatoes are also peeled off - this lecho will be very tender. Peeled tomatoes must be mashed (tolkushkoy, blender or other means).
- Wash grapes, remove grapes from twigs.
- Grind the grapes with a blender, meat grinder. Fold the mass in several layers of gauze, strain the juice.
- Pour the grape juice into the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Tomato puree, too, put on the stove, pour into it finely chopped garlic.
- Hot pepper is also finely chopped and added to tomato puree.
- Now sugar and salt are poured into the pan, boiling the dressing for lecho for about an hour.
- An hour later, you should add oil, grape juice, vinegar, put the Bulgarian pepper.
- Cook lecho another 25-30 minutes.
- In each sterilized jar put a few peas of pepper and spread there ready lecho. Rolled banks lids.
Lecho of sweet pepper without oil for the winter
It is no-oil treatment, it is also prepared without the addition of vinegar. This means that the winter salad can be eaten even for small children, and also for those who watch their figure or care about their health.
For the preparation of vitamin Lecho will need:
- tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 kg;
- spoon of table salt;
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar;
- greens and spices - to taste;
- 6 cloves of garlic.
How to make lecho for the winter:
- Cut half of the specified amount of tomatoes into large pieces.
- Bulgarian peppers are cut in the same size.
- Put both ingredients in a saucepan or saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook foods about a quarter of an hour.
- Now you can chop the remaining tomatoes and add them to the upcoming lecho.
- Greens (you can take basil, parsley) and garlic finely chopped with a knife.
- All spices, garlic and greens are added to the treatment.
- Everything is stirred and boiled for another 5 minutes.
Ready lecho without vinegar and oil can be laid out on sterile jars and rolled covers. It is possible to store such preparation in the winter even in an apartment - nothing will happen to lecho.
Now it is clear how to cook delicious lecho for the winter. It remains only to decide on a recipe or experiment at once with several ways of cooking this wonderful winter salad.